Saturday, April 26, 2008
Well this is it the last blog of the semester. The boys are doing well swimming and school are taking up most of their time, I wish that life was not so busy so that all of you could of gotten to know the boys a little bit better, but with my work, school, and union commitments I did not get to as many thing with the boys as we usually do. Blogging has been an interesting project, it has been nice to get a small insight into everyone’s lives away from class, and I hope that everyone got a glimpse into my life. Looking back I feel that blogging is a great way for friends to communicate when life is busy and you just can’t seem to find the time to talk to one another. But I do not feel that this should be your only means of communication, it takes all of the personal side out of communication, no emotion, no facial expressions , you cannot look into some ones eye’s and get that gut feeling if they are telling the truth or not. With non personal communications of any type a person can be whoever or whatever they want to be, there are no rules, there is no right or wrong because you can make up whatever you feel and no one will know the difference. We all need that personal contact with one another to help keep us all sane. As for a cyber community I personally think it would be a terrible place if this was how everyone communicated no one would be able to trust anything anyone said, everyone would be an individual in a bad way there would be no community what so ever, I would not want to live in a place that communicated like this. We all need each other to survive you cannot give or receive hugs through a computer screen I have enjoyed having class with everyone; you have all made my decision to return to school at forty a whole lot easier. Thank You PP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Preston, I also would not want to live in a digital world only. I like hugs too and do not enjoy the impersonal aspects of cyberspace. Thank you for being an influential addition to our class. I enjoyed hearing your point of view on many things and wish you the best of luck with the rest of school!
Preston, i agree with you about not want to live in a digital world. Having a class with you has been fun, and expect to see my face pop in and come for a ride-a-long at the firestation! Have a good summer :]
I do agree with you that when life gets busy and the last thing you have time for his a long phone call, blogging is an alternative way to communicate with friends or family. I also agree with you when you discuss what life would be like if we relied solely on cyberspace. I think relationships would become very impersonal and like you said, there would be a lack of trust between people.
Hellllllo! i totally agree a cyberworld would not be a good place to live...i like to have 'real life' relationships but however i do think that online communicaton is soooo much easier than snail mail... but for me facebook is where its at...im not that big of a fan of the blog thing :)
any way it was really fun having class with you and getting to know you a little bit! enjoy work and school!
Post a Comment